For current members of the tennis ladder: Thank you so much for your participation in our challenge ladder so far. The current website we are using for the ladder will be expiring soon, and we will be transitioning to itennisladder.com going forward. It will be more challenging, more competitive, and above all, more fun!
We are using tennisrungs.com for our tennis challenge ladders. Our ladders have been simplified to two ladders :
- Open Singles
- Open Doubles
Clink this link to return if you have registered already.
Steps to get registered and started
1. Register at this link: Challenge Ladder registration.
2. Wait for email confirmation and then sign in.
3. Your “Player Dashboard” page will list the Beach to Bay ladders you may join depending on gender.
4. As you join a doubles ladder, you will select your partner who must be registered already.
5. After joining a ladder, you can click on “Issue a challenge” for that ladder on your Player Dashboard page.
- You may issue 1 challenge(s) at a time
- You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you
- You may challenge up or down by
3 spots50 spots which is more than the entire ladder.
- If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenge and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
- If you hold a wildcard, you may challenge anyone above you.
- An additional wildcard will be granted after 5 matches have been played.
- If challenged, you will have 7 days to “Accept” or “Deny” the challenge or the challenge will be considered a “forfeit” and the challenger will be granted the win.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 10 days after the date of acceptance.
- If you cannot play within 10 days, simply “Deny” the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 10 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Of course, since rankings change, a re-challenge might not be possible.
- Each player or team (doubles) brings a new set of tennis ball to each match. One set is opened and used for the match. The winner of the match keeps the unopened set and the match loser keeps the used set.
- A player must wait 5 days before re-challenging the same player/team.
- Win set at 6 won games and win set by 2 games.
- You can accept challenges from email.
- You can remove yourself from a ladder temporarily (e.g., injury, travel), and then return at the same spot.